Saturday, April 4, 2009

Reflection #5

The past two weeks have been pretty good except for the fact that I had to get up early everyday this past week except Monday for sectionals. Everything is going pretty well though. The band has UIL next week and the ski trip is just two weeks away!!!
Anyways, last night I saw Seven Pounds for the first time last night. It made me very sad, maybe even a little depressed. The movie was very well made and had an excellent story, but I did NOT like it because of the way it made me feel. For those of you who haven't seen it don't read the next few sentences because I might ruin it for you. So this guy(Will Smith) accidentally kills seven people in a car accident, including his wife. After that he finds seven people to help. He goes around donating parts of his body to people who need them. He donated half of his liver and bone marrow while he was alive. After he died he gave someone his heart, eyes, kidneys, etc. The way he killed himself those is what saddened me. His pet jellyfish, which he had had for awhile, was the most deadly creature on the planet. You can guess what happened. The fact that he felt he had to make up for those seven lives he distroyed by killing himself made me sad. It also made me want to donate blood right away, but since you can't do that till the age of 16 or 17 I have to wait. It makes me consider whether I should give away my body parts when I die. If it helps people I think I should, but you never know by the time I die they could already have artifical everything(livers, eyes, etc.) Also, this week we had Shattered Dreams. That was an experience I'll never forget. Some people just blew it off as nothing and said the people who participaited got "too emotional". Well you know what? Things like that happen everyday and yes the one we created was fake, but to people who have actually been in a car accident or lost a family member in a car accident know it's not something to just blow off and forget about. Having that happen at school this past week then watching Seven Pounds was kind of creepy to me.
Anyways, I recommend Seven Pounds if you're up for a sad movie!

Sage

1 comment:

  1. I heard Seven Pounds was very emotional and I've been wanting to see it. Shattered Dreams was also really... unique and I'm glad they did it. :)

    ReplyDelete